Libereco – Partnership for Human Rights has launched its campaign #freeBYnow. Thereby we want to show solidarity with the current six political prisoners in Belarus and call for their release. In the moment are sitting in detention:
- Ihar Alinevich, detained on 27 November 2010, sentenced to 8 years in prison
- Mikalai Dziadok, detained on 3 September 2010, sentenced to 5.5 years in prison
- Artsiom Prakapenka, detained on 17 January 2011, sentenced to 7 years in prison
- Yury Rubtsou, detained on 22 December 2014, sentenced to 2 years in prison
- Mikalai Statkevich, detained on 20 December 2010, sentenced to 6 years in prison
- Yauhen Vaskovich, detained on 17 January 2011, sentenced to 7 years in prison
Please participate in our campaign! For printing, the portraits of the political prisoners can be downloaded here. Make a solidarity photo and upload it to your favourite social network, it should be provided with the hashtag #freeBYnow. Alternatively, pictures can also send to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We document the progress of the campaign on our Facebook page and on Instagram.
Moreover, together with the Belarusian „Viasna Human Rights Centre“ and the international watchdog organisation „Freedom House“, Libereco has launched a joint online petition to demand the release of all political prisoners from Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenka.
Update 22.08.2015: Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenka released all political prisoners.